The reading worksheet questions are pasted below and available here: rw5f17asn
- Who made up the working-class Indian population in New York City after World War I? Where did they come from, how did they get here, where did they live, what did they do? Be specific.
- Why did working-class Indian men move into neighborhoods like the Lower East Side and Harlem?
- What types of “mixed marriages” occurred during this time, and how were they described in the news?
- Why role did Indian-owned restaurants play in the community?
- Who owned/operated Bengal Garden? What was the significance of this restaurant?
- What was the British Merchant Navy Club? How did it come to be, and what happened there?
- What was Choudry’s critique of J.J. Singh’s India League of America? How did they differ?
- According to Bald, why did Choudry start the Pakistan League of America? What did this organization do?
Reflections/Questions/Concerns about this week’s materials?