What makes a good class? These is a summary of the elements that we named + agreed to work towards together– if you want to add something to this list, let me know.
We will revisit these commitments later in the semester to see how we are doing.
- Clarity about expectations and accountability for work
- Interaction, between students and between students and professor
- Energy and passion, as well as seriousness, of the professor and students
- Space to speak and ask questions without fear of judgment/criticism
- Participation of all students (not just a few)
- Paying attention to each other (e.g. no side talk, one mic)
- Respect for each other
- Space to disagree with one another