As we are not meeting in person today because of the weather, here is an assignment that you must complete before our next class. I will check or collect your work on Thursday.
The assignment asks you to watch a documentary and answer questions about the film. We will start class with the assumption that everyone has done the assignment, so it is important that you make time to do this work before you come to class.
Watch the film, Race the Power of an Illusion: EPISODE 2. The film is about 1 hour long. [If you like, you can also watch Episode 1 & write a reflection for extra credit. We will watch Episode 3 together in class later this semester.]
Answer these questions-– some of the questions are for you to answer BEFORE you watch the film, and some questions are for AFTER the film: race-ep-2
How do you access the film? The film is available through the BMCC Video Library. If you do not have a computer at home, you can watch this film in a BMCC computer lab. Follow these instructions:
- Go to the BMCC Library Website: http://lib1.bmcc.cuny.edu/
- Go to the Video Databases. Click on Databases and it will open up a menu- click on Video Databases (see image below).
- Click on Kanopy Streaming Videos (the third of the three options). If you are OFF campus, you will need to log in to the website with your BMCC Portal id/password.
- In the search button on the top right side of the page, enter “Race: the Power of an Illusion.” There are three episodes. For this assignment, be sure you are watching EPISODE 2.
- If you have any questions or encounter any trouble, contact me.